Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Something From Nothing: Week One

Well I have been out this for about nine days now using only PTC sites, and I have managed to generate $60 in PayPal revenue. The work however is very tedious, and out of the 60 sites that I have registered with, about four have either disappeared completely or have had their domains seized with a very nasty message plastered to the home page about fraud. Signed the whole law for one more week in recommending any of these sites for you guys, I just don't want walk anybody into a scam or waste anyone's time.

Going through all these paid to click sites every day has made me see other possible income potentials as well. They claim to be able to give website owners or bloggers anywhere from 1000 to 10,000 hits a day using the very same method that is paying me one penny per click. However, if you are using Google's AdSense program, you run the risk of losing your account as this goes against their terms of service. But it does hold quite a bit of potential for those not running AdSense, and wanted to focus on an individual post with maybe some Clickbank links or Commission Junction ads. The initial investment is small for what they claim to be able to do. But if you are clever enough writer and know how to grab the attention of your reader for at least 35 seconds, you would have the opportunity to grab some affiliate revenue this way.

You another program that I've been looking at is Varolo, in interesting and free take on the old concept of network marketing. What it basically does is make you watch 10 min. of advertisements a day, and try to get is many of your friends to do the same thing with the hope that they repeat the same action. I have looked around on YouTube and searched on Google, but haven't really found any complaints about it being any kind of scam. And considering the fact that there is no investment involved, it might be something worth looking at. Here is the introductory video and the company itself....


One of the things that really sticks out about this company is the nature the advertisements themselves. There is no spam. The videos I watched were the trailer to the new Green Lantern movie, the trailer to the new Cars movie, Pepsi, and BMW. That lends a lot of credence to this project and my opinion. I have been surfing these PTC sites getting pennies per click while looking at some of the most odious spam you could ever wish not to see. But in Varolo's case, these are all multi-national and respected companies and movie studios....something to think about.

This next video is about 10 minutes long, and it shows the earning potential of using the system. The clincher is, you have to get other people underneath you to view the ads as well. However, I have found a pro tip that makes it alot easier. If sitting though 10 minutes of commercials is a pain in the ass, the option of turning down the volume and minimizing the browser window is always open to you...


Now of course I am skeptical, and that's how I promised myself I would go into this project. But the investment is a total of $0.00, and if the math presented here is correct, it could have some real potential. You WILL need a PayPal account however as currently this is their only method of money transfer. So if you would like to engage in this little experiment with me, go ahead and fill out the free registration right here

Next week, I will update you all on the status of the PayPal account and if this Varolo thing is working out at all. If I find that one of these shady PTC sites is really panning out, I will post the link to them as well. See you all tomorrow with the newest Bastard Wildlife of Costa Rica!




11 comments:

Jay said...

thanks for the info, will be interested to know how it works out by next week. :)

Melanie said...

Way to do something constructive! Know what I've done in the same time period? Nothing!

The Angry Lurker said...

From little acorns........

Astronomy Pirate said...

Yeah, a lot of those sites sound shady. Thanks for doing a lot of leg work for those of us looking to earn alternative money. I dunno about the Varolo thing, but I'll look through it.

Triper said...

I love Valoro, thanks for share.

Zombie said...

That aint too bad! :D

Anonymous said...

goodness this process is too complicated for me. i feel stupid LOL

and i think it is funny that when i clicked on your page a big sephora ad popped up. wonder if it knew im their biggest customer and is throwing it in my face?

i need it to be the weekend pronto. or i just shouldn't have drank last night.

anyways have a great day!

T. Banacek said...

Interesting stuff. When you become a millionaire will you fly me to Costa Rica for some sun and pina coladas?

Unknown said...

Interesting. I should try some of these sites you mentioned.

Marlene said...

Hope it works out for you!

The_illustrative_Mind said...

Did a tiny bit of research in it and I'm not too sure myself. Interested to see what you have to say.